Normani Reveals Ariana Grande Wrote on Her New Single


The march to Normanis solo debut has been a long, but commercially successful one. Love Lies her duet with Khalid and Dancing With a Stranger, with Sam Smith, are certified triple platinum double platinum, respectively. But during an interview at Rolling Stones Morning Sessions an interview series presented by the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card last Friday during Lollapalooza, Normani revealed that Ariana Grande had a special hand in her upcoming single.

Shes been very supportive of me too. I talk to her about the creative process, Normani explained. Im like, When did you know your album was done. She was just like, Honestly, youll know. Nobody will have to tell you. Youll feel it. Just trust your instinct; trust your gut. And listen to that voice inside of you, and itll tell you that youre done. Just take your time, too, and have fun in the process and make sure that its something that you love. Shes dope. She also has a part in the record that Im releasing, too. She wrote on it.

The Waves singer went on to discuss how the new single is a stylistic departure from her most recent work.

I recorded this song a while back, Normani said. And its crazy because, Ill be on Twitter, and [fans] will be like, Sis, wheres the new music? Wheres the new music? Im like, Guys, its coming. I promise its coming. I shot the video probably a month ago. Its going to be worth the waitIts an upbeat [song]. Its a feel good record. I think that everybody will really love it. It was the first opportunity that I had to have fun. I think that people have been waiting for me to have fun and Ive had so many records like Waves and Love Lies and Sam [Smiths Dancing With aStranger], which are a little bit more R&B smooth sailing.