Jimmy Fallon Responds to Donald Trumps Be a Man Tweet


Jimmy Fallon addressed President Trumps recent tweet criticizing the host during his opening monologue on The Tonight ShowMonday. On Sunday, Trump tweeted that Fallon should be a man after Fallon expressed regret for his 2016 interview where he ruffled Trumps hair.

The pairs back-and-forth comments refer to Trumps appearance on The Tonight Show two years ago when Fallon tussled the then-Republican presidential nominees hair, which drew criticism for seeming to normalize Trump.

I made a mistake, Fallon recently told The Hollywood Reporter. Im sorry I made anyone mad. And looking back, I would do it differently. Trump then responded by tweeting his disapproval of Fallon on Sunday.

@jimmyfallon is now whimpering to all that he did the famous hair show with me (where he seriously messed up my hair), & that he would have now done it differently because it is said to have humanized me-he is taking heat, Trump tweeted. He called & said monster ratings. Be a man Jimmy!

The Year in TV: How Late-Night Hosts Became the Resistance18 Great Bruce Springsteen CollaborationsComing of Age: Millennials' Most Earth-Shaking Sexual Moments

As you may have heard, the President of the United States went after me on Twitter, Fallon said during his monologue. So Melania, if youre watching, I dont think your anti-bullying campaign is working.

The host said he was initially going to tweet back at the president, but then thought he had more important things to do before quipping, Then I thought, wait, shouldnt he have more important things to do? Hes the president of the United States.

During the show, Fallon also directly addressed the contents of Trumps tweet. First of all, Ive never called this human in my life. I dont have his number, I dont want his number, he continued. And monster ratings? Ive never said monster ratings. I dont know what hes talking about.

Fallon added that following Trumps tweet, he made a donation in the presidents name to the Refugee and Immigration Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES), a non-profit organization that provides legal services to immigrants.