Hear Taylor Swifts Tender New Song Lover


Ahead ofLovers official release next Friday, Taylor Swift has dropped the albums romantic title track. The pop star announced the new songs release while accepting her Icon Award at the Teen Choice Award on Sunday.

In the Jack Antonoff co-produced track, Swift sings the tender lyrics of devotion over a retro-styled musical motif. Can I go where you go?/Can we always be this close? Swift yearningly sings on the chorus. Forever and ever/Take me out and take me home/Youre my, my, my, my lover.

Lover was one of two then-unheard songs previewed in SwiftsVoguecover story earlier this month. This has one of my favorite bridges, Swift said of the track. I love a bridge, and I was really able to go to Bridge City. Another song she previewed in the interview was The Man, a gender-swapped thought experiment about how life would be different if she were male.

Lover is the fourth track to be released off the 18-songLover, following up singles Me! and You Need to Calm Down as well as ballad The Archer. This will be Swifts seventh album and her first on a label other than Big Machine. Later this year, she will star in the live-action film adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webbers smash musicalCats.

The video for Swifts title track to her forthcoming album will be unveiled on August 22nd at 5:30 p.m. ET following an exclusive YouTube Originals livestream event. Were going to talk all things Lover, Swift said in an Instagram video post, and she added, Im going to do a performance of a song Ive never performed before.

In case you didnt hear @taylorswifts new song Lover is out tonight at midnight eastern! The music video will premiere after a @YouTube Live on August 22 at 5pm eastern!

A post shared by Taylor Nation (@taylornation) on