Watch South Park Mock Colin Kaepernicks National Anthem Protest


South Park dives into a hot button issue in the shows latest promo, which makes fun ofColin Kaepernicks recent refusal to stand during the National Anthem. Kaepernick, the quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, has said this is his way of protesting the countrys oppressive treatment of black people.

Initially, the spot finds the South Park cast singing, Colin Kaepernick is great, cops are pigs, to the tune of the National Anthem. But then the lyrics take a sudden turn: Wait, someone just took my stuff. I need to call the cops. Oh no, I just said cops are pigs. Whos gonna help me get my stuff? Why did I listen to Colin Kaepernick? Hes not even any good.

Last month, Kaepernick did not stand as the National Anthem played before a pre-season game against the Green Bay Packers. I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color, Kaepernick said later. He added that he will continue to this course of action until theres significant change, and I feel like that flag represents what its supposed to represent and this country is representing people the way that its supposed to.

South Park returns for its 20th season on Wednesday.

Colin Kaepernick, by deciding to sit as protest during the National Anthem, has uncovered a lot of truths about race in America. Watch here.