X Ambassadors Blow Up Negative Vibes on New Song Boom


X Ambassadors count down to blowing up an unhealthy relationship on their new song Boom.My feet go boom, boom, boom/ High speed go zoom zoom zoom,' frontman Sam Harris sings over a lightly funky bass riff and ragged guitar stabs. Walking away from you thats what Im gonna do. Ricky Reed (Twenty One Pilots, Leon Bridges) produced the track, which will be featured in upcoming NBA prime-time games on ABC.

In a statement, Harris described the songs lyrical theme of nixing toxic relationships. Ive had to break off a few of them recently myself, and I was writing all these sad songs because of it, he said. I needed to write one to give me confidence again. To turn my pain into my power.

Boom, which follows their 2018 singles Joyful and Dont Stay, will appear on X Ambassadors upcoming second LP, due out later in 2019. The band has yet to detail the album, the trios first since their 2015 major-label debut, 2015s VHS.