Watch Willie Nelsons Tender Cover of Guy Clarks My Favorite Picture of You on Fallon


Willie Nelson performed his cover of Guy Clarks bittersweet love song My Favorite Picture of You on The Tonight Show Tuesday. Nelsons rendition will appear on his upcoming album, Ride Me Back Home, which arrives this Friday, June 21st.

My Favorite Picture of You was the title-track of Clarks final album, released in 2013, and the song pays tribute to his late wife and a scowling photo of her taken after a fight. On The Tonight Show, Nelson captured the songs soft sorrow as he moved through the plain-spoken lyrics and picked out stray guitar lines while the rest of his band shuffled sweetly behind him.

Along with hisTonight Show performance, Nelson also sat down withhost Jimmy Fallon for an interview that touched on his recent appearance on the cover of Rolling Stones Weed Issue and how marijuana saved his life. I used to smoke two or three packs of cigarettes a day and drink whatever there was to drink, and I had pneumonia four or five times, my lung collapsed, I almost died, Nelson said. So I said, Wait a minute, I aint getting that high off of Chesterfields. So I threw out the cigarettes, rolled up 20 joints, stuck it in there and havent smoked a cigarette since.

Nelson also spoke about his own weed company, Willies Reserve, and his official role as CTO Chief Testing Officer. I havent run across any that I didnt like! Nelson joked.