Yo Gotti Taps Lil Baby, Trumpet Miming for Put a Date on It on Fallon


Yo Gotti recruited Lil Baby for a playful live version of Put a Date on It on Tuesdays Tonight Show.While the rappers exchanged triplet-filled, heavily-bleeped verses over a sleek trap beat and live scratching, a random guest mimed the songs central trumpet hook and a group of dancers flaunted shirts emblazoned with the title of Gottis upcoming 10th LP, Trapped.

Yo Gotti has yet to announce a release date for Trapped, which follows 2017s I Still Am, but he teased the LP in a recent Billboard interview. I think this album is going to be one of my classic albums ever, he said. I was just telling somebody on my management team that right now I feel more charged than ever. This is how deep the hunger is. I dont know if its just the hustler nature in me or what, but I cant even explain this shit.

The rapper debuted 20 mostly in-progress songs at a December event, hoping the feedback would help him assemble the final track list. This was a sneak peak, he told the crowd of artists, fans and journalists. Most of the music is unfinished, shit that was just ideas. The peoples responses here at the party will help us pick out the records that will make the cut. [I] played 20 records, and may use 14.

Yo Gotti contributed several guest spots in 2018, including Trey Songz How Dat Sound (alongside 2 Chainz), T.I.s Wraith and G-Eazys 1942 (with YBN Nahmir).