Hear Celine Dions New Songs Courage, Lying Down, Imperfections


Celine Dion has unveiled three new songs: Courage, Lying Down and Imperfections. All three songs are slated to appear on her forthcoming album, Courage, which will be released on November 15th via Sony Music Entertainment Canada/Columbia. Its her first English album in six years. The trio of singles follow her previously released Courage track, Flying On My Own, which she unveiled on the last night of her 16-year Las Vegas residency in June.

Written by Stephan Moccio, Erik Alcock and Liz Rodrigues, the anthemic Courage is about getting yourself back together after a heartbreaking loss. The singer lets her sadness loose: Courage dont you fail me now/ I need you to keep away the doubts/ Im staring in the face of something new/ Youre all Ive got to hold on to.

Written by Ari Leff, Michael Pollack, Nicholas Perloff-Giles and DallasK (who also produced the song), emotional track Imperfections discusses self-criticism as Dion sings, I got my own imperfections/ I got my own set of scars to hide / I got my own imperfections/ I cant hold your heart when Im fixing mine.

Watch Celine Dion's Cinematic Video for 'Imperfections'Celine Dion Begs Drake Not to Tattoo Her Face on His BodyKiss' Top 10 Albums RankedComing of Age: Millennials' Most Earth-Shaking Sexual Moments

Meanwhile, the David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort and Sia-penned Lying Down addresses distancing oneself from toxic relationships. The heart-felt ballad, backed by piano and strings, sees Dion crooning about getting back on your feet after a negative relationship. You cant take this from me, she howls. Cant you see I wont take this lying down?

Dion embarks on her Courage World Tour tonight for a three-night stand at the Videotron Center in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. She then heads to Montreal for a multi-night stint at the Bell Centre. She kicks off her U.S. tour run on October 18th in Cleveland, Ohio at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, zig-zagging around the country through mid-April 2020 before heading back to Canada. She wraps this leg of her North American tour on April 27th at Bells MTS Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Courage is available to preorder now.