Hear Arcade Fire Cover Disney Lullaby Baby Mine for Tim Burtons Dumbo


Arcade Fire turn the classic Disney tune Baby Mine into a swooning indie-rock gem for Tim Burtons upcoming live-action remake of Dumbo, out March 29th.

Peppering the tender lullaby with an array of orchestral flourishes, Arcade Fire find a new kind of tenderness in a song thats been recorded by everyone from Betty Noyes (who did the 1941 original) to Brian Wilson, Bette Middler and Rosemary Clooney. Adding an extra layer of poignancy, Arcade Fires Win Butler explained in a statement how recording the song became a family affair.

My mom plays the harp on the track, my brother [Will Butler] the theremin, my wife [Rgine Chassagne] sings and plays drums, and our son even plays the triangle, as well as the rest of our family in Arcade Fire, Butler said. I will forever relate to the song thinking about the people I hold so dear that are so precious to me. Listen for the cameo of my grandpa Alvinos famous Sonovox at the end.

Along with Arcade Fires version, the new remake of Dumbo will also feature a rendition of Baby Mine sung by Norwegian singer, Aurora. The films score was composed by Danny Elfman. Burtons Dumbo will star Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito and Eva Green.