Julia Louis-Dreyfus Talks Breast Cancer Battle, Veep Final Season on Kimmel


Julia Louis-Dreyfus visited Jimmy Kimmel Live in Brooklyn Thursday to discuss her breast cancer battle and Veeps final season. Im good. Im here. I know we have to get this cancer shit out of the way so bring on the questions, the actress joked.

Jimmy Kimmel then asked Louis-Dreyfus of the breast cancer, Is it beaten? Is it gone?, to which she replied affirmatively that she has defeated it. Louis-Dreyfus also spoke about why she opted to be so public during her battle with breast cancer, which she first revealed in September 2017.

I got a lot of positive feedback, I think people liked that I had a sense of humor about it and also I think its an important conversation to have about health and health care, Louis-Dreyfus said. Health care should be for all, she added before lending her support to the organization Multiply Your Vote that encourages volunteering to help elect progressives this midterm election.

Louis-Dreyfus also talked about the upcoming seventh and final season of Veep, one of Rolling Stones 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time. Its bittersweet. I adore these people and I adore the show and what weve been able to achieve with it, she said. Louis-Dreyfus also shared her favorite scene to film from Veep, which has three more episodes left to film ahead of its final season: