Rod Stewart Preps New Orchestral LP Youre in My Heart


Rod Stewart is revisiting some of his most famous songs in a symphonic setting with Youre in My Heart, an upcoming album that blends his original vocal tracks with new arrangements from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Trevor Horn (the Buggles, Yes) produced the LP, out November 22nd via Rhino.

The career-spanning project features updated versions of songs throughout the singers catalog from the 1971 folk-rock anthem Maggie May to the 1988 soft-rock hit Forever Young. Other hits include If We Fall in Love Tonight, I Dont Want to Talk About It, The First Cut Is the Deepest, Reason to Believe and Tonights the Night (Gonna Be Alright).

Youre in My Heart also features a new recording of It Takes Two featuring Robbie Williams and one brand new song, Stop Loving Her Today. Stewart previewed the record with a lush, oceanic take on Sailing, the closing ballad from his 1975 album, Atlantic Crossing.

The Last Word: Rod Stewart on Fatherhood, Jeff Beck and His 'Breaking Bad' ObsessionThe Last Word: Rod Stewart on Fatherhood, Jeff Beck and His 'Breaking Bad' Obsession18 Great Bruce Springsteen CollaborationsFlashback: Cream Play 'Brave Ulysses' at Final Concert

The album will be available digitally and in two physical editions: a 15-track single CD and a two-disc deluxe version featuring 22 total tracks.

The vocalist will promote Youre in My Heart with a fall tour, including a brief U.S. run that launched September 18th with the first of several shows in Las Vegas. Following that leg which also includes a September 27th reunion with former bandmate Jeff Beck in Los Angeles he will kick off a U.K. tour on November 23rd in Manchester, England.

Rod Stewart Youre In My Heart: Rod Stewart With the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Track List

1-CD Edition:

1. Maggie May
2. It Takes Two (with Robbie Williams)
3. Sailing
4. Reason To Believe
5. Handbags and Gladrags
6. Tonights The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
7. I Dont Want To Talk About It
8. The First Cut Is The Deepest
9. Youre In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
10. I Was Only Joking
11. Young Turks
12. Forever Young
13. Rhythm Of My Heart
14. Have I Told You Lately
15. Stop Loving Her Today

2-CD Deluxe Edition

CD 1:

1. Maggie May
2. Reason To Believe
3. Handbags & Gladrags
4. Sailing
5. Tonights The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
6. The Killing Of Georgie (Part I and II)
7. I Dont Want To Talk About It
8. The First Cut Is The Deepest
9. Youre In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
10. I Was Only Joking

CD 2:

1. It Takes Two (with Robbie Williams)
2. Stay With Me (with Faces)
3. Young Turks
4. What Am I Gonna Do (Im So In Love With You)
5. Every Beat Of My Heart
6. Forever Young
7. Downtown Train
8. Rhythm Of My Heart
9. Have I Told You Lately
10. Tom Trauberts Blues (Waltzing Matilda)
11. If We Fall In Love Tonight
12. Stop Loving Her Today