Watch David Letterman Deliver Donald Trump-Themed Top Ten List


David Lettermanmade a surprise visittoMartin Short and Steve Martins A Very Stupid Conversation stage show Friday night in San Antonio, and the former Late Show host used the opportunity to gleefully mock beleagueredpresidential hopeful Donald Trump. Making his first onstage appearance since retiring with an epic blowout on May 20th, a bearded Letterman expressed regret that his Late Show departure just missed Trumps candidacy, which would have been perfect fodder for late night television.

I retired and I had no regrets. None. I was happy. Ill make actual friends. I was complacent, I was satisfied, I was content. And then a couple of days ago, Donald Trump said he was running for president, Letterman told the Majestic Theatre crowd. I have made the biggest mistake of my life, I tell you. Letterman then reached into his pocket and produced an envelope. Every suit I own comes with a Top Ten list, he quipped before sharing Interesting Facts About Donald Trump.

Thanks Dave: The Genius of Letterman's 'Late Show' GoodbyeThurston Moore: 5 Songs That Influenced Me Early On20 Best Horror-Movie Sequels

Number 10: That thing on his head was the gopher in Caddyshack. Number Nine: During sex, Donald Trump calls out his own name, Letterman said as marched through the Trump list, which focused heavily on that thing on his head. Number Two: Donald Trump has pissed off so many Mexicans that hes starring in a movie called No Amigos, a nod to Martin and Shorts Three Amigos.

Letterman topped off his surprise Top Ten list with, Thanks to Donald Trump, the Republican mascot is also an ass. As for Lettermans bandleader Paul Shaffer, Short assured the crowd that, Right now Paul is doing what hes always been meant to do: Hes a matre d in a spaceship.

My San Antoniowrites that, in addition to the Trump teasing, Letterman also sat down with Short and Martin to share stories during the unannounced appearance.