Curb Your Enthusiasm Season Nine Confirmed


UPDATE: HBO released the first trailer for Curb Your Enthusiasms upcoming Season Nine, featuring Larry David as a reluctant Batman-esque crime fighter.

Curb Your Enthusiasm will return to HBO, according to a post on the channels official Medium account. Were thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of Curb and cant wait to see what he has planned, Casey Bloys, president of HBO programming, said in a statement.

Larry David, the shows star and creator, added, In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, I left, I did nothing, I returned.'

HBO offered little in the way of other information and did not set a premiere date. The channels statement notes that details of the new season will be announced as they are confirmed. The previous 80 episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm also aired on HBO its the channels longest running scripted comedy or drama series before it went on hiatus in September 2011.

David described his approach to his TV character in 2011 Rolling Stone cover story. Hes my version of Superman, the comedian said at the time. The character really is me, but I just couldnt possibly behave like that. If I had my druthers, that would be me all the time, but you cant do that As crazy as this person is, I could step into those shoes right now, but I would be arrested or Id be hit or whatever.

David told Grantlandthat the odds were six to one against a new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm in 2014. I got so much grief from the Seinfeld finale, which a lot of people intensely disliked, that I no longer feel a need to wrap things up, the comedian said. I wouldnt say Im mad about it, he continued, but it taught me a lesson that if I ever did another show, I wasnt gonna wrap it up.