Helen Mirren Annihilates James Corden in Drop the Mic Rap Battle


James Corden was soundly defeated Tuesday night when he went head-to-head in a rap battle with Oscar winner Helen Mirren.

The pairs verbal tussle during the Drop the Mic segment of the Late Late Show kicked off with a few biting words. Mirren immediately called for fellow Brit Corden to Bow down, James. Bow down. Kneel, baby. Kneel, to which the late night host cheekily responded, Were not at home anymore. Im the king in this studio.

Corden then kicked off the first round, setting the stage and the tone for the no-holds barred battle.

Helen is basically an icon in her craft / When I heard she wanted to battle me, all I could do was laugh / Back home shes considered the actress you have to fear / Were in America now / Meryl Streep lives here, he spat, later adding, She played the Queen but now shes a royal pain in my ass.

See James Corden, Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron Stage 'Guys and Dolls,' 'Fame'Can DNA Tests Help You Find the Best Weed?See 13 Rare Images From New Jim Marshall Book, 'Show Me the Picture'

Mirren kept a poker face as she ripped into Corden with her own first verse. Im the one you should fear / Wherever I go / If Im a pain in your ass / That leaves a lot of room to grow / You stand out, but for games and banter / Other shows do comedy, you just pander / You thought you could beat me / Sorry, game over / Ill cook this beef, his wife and her lover / Hes obsessed with my exes / Sorry James, Im not single / But you know I taught your little mister to tingle.

Cordens response: Helen was impressive, thats a real change / Played the Queen six times, wow thats real range / And now everyone thinks youre classy, but its all for show / The accent only sounds smart, trust me, I know.

Mirrens second round response was even more scathing than her first. Ive played the Queen / But also warriors and witches / Crime lords and wizards, bosses and bitches / Detectives and whores / From Altman to Shakespeare / The only role you ever played is Guy Who Begged to Be Here / Poor James Corden will never be satisfied / Until you find a way to get attention deep-fried / But this battle is fun / Im glad you asked / Its the only bit you didnt find in Jimmy Fallons trash.

But it was the third round that was the clincher. Though the late night host looked like he had won after his third go, Mirren had him beat with the best comebacks yet.

You fucked up, James / You desperate tater tot / A womans worth isnt credits or who says shes hot / Boys club / Bullshit / Im done with that crap / Youre welcome for this headline: Helen Mirren Can Rap / Compare me to Meryl, Judi, Maggie, but why? / Theyre not my competition / Theyre my ride or die / See, women are a force to be reckoned with / And I reckon I wrecked you / Youve been to hell and back, bitch.

Watch the duos exchange in the video above.