SNL: Phoebe Waller-Bridge Delivers Raw Monologue About Sex, Psychopaths, Hot Priest


During Phoebe Waller-Bridges inaugural hosting duties on Saturday Night Live this weekend, she delivered an opening monologue mirroring one that would come from her fourth-wall-breaking protagonist Fleabag.

In the monologue, Waller-Bridge addresses everything from sex to psychopaths and even the Hot Priest from her hit show Fleabag.

Im not a sex addict because I wrote Fleabag, but I did write Killing Eve because Im a psychopath, she quipped, adding, Its a great time to be a psychopath, theyre really having a moment, dont you think?

She told the audience that shes often asked if shes like her character Fleabag who is sexually depraved, foul-mouthed and dangerous, explaining, I always have to say to them: Yes, youre absolutely right.

Waller-Bridge further described the making of Fleabag as a way to get [actor] Andrew Scott to dress up as a priest and tell me that he loved me. While she added that it took her six years and two seasons to make it happen, she did it.

I dont care about awards, I just want gay men to love me, she teased.

Waller-Bridge noted that Scott was called Priest in the script, but gained the nickname Hot Priest because this Priest character caused such a horn-storm.

She also addressed her recent Emmy wins for Fleabag for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series saying, Back in the day horny women were to be feared, and now theyre given Emmys.