SNL: See Leslie Jones Blast Alabamas Abortion Ban on Weekend Update


With the passing of Alabamas near-total abortion ban on Wednesday, Saturday Night Livestar Leslie Jones appeared onWeekend Update in the Season 44 finale to make her feelings known.

Jones, sporting an outfit from The Handmaids Tale, told Weekend Update host Colin Jost, We are all handmaids. My name actually is OfJost. The comedian then quickly removed her red robe to reveal a black shirt with the word Mine and an arrow pointing down before delivering a fervent speech about the importance of a womans right to choose.

The next thing you know, Im at Starbucks and they wont take my credit card because Im a woman instead of the regular reason, which is I dont have no money on me, she half-heartedly quipped.

Jones then instructed Jost to pull up photos of the 25 Alabama State Senators who voted in favor of the abortion ban. This looks like the cast of Lipitor commercial, Jones said. These look like mugshots of everyone arrested at a massage parlor.

She added,You cant control women because, I dont know if yall heard, but women are the same as humans. And Im Leslie Dracarys Jones. Why do all of these weird ass men care what women choose to do with their bodies? I dont care what you do with your 65-year-old droopy ass balls.

Jones demeanor became more serious as she said, When women have a choice, women have freedom. She continued by noting that nine states enforcing an abortion ban means this really is a war on women.

You cant tell me what to do with my body, she concluded.