Hear Camila Cabello Mourn an Ex on New Track Cry For Me


Camila Cabello has unveiled a new single, Cry For Me, a heartbroken (but upbeat) number about an ex boyfriend. The track was written by Cabello, Ryan Tedder, Lou Bell and Frank Dukes, and produced by Bell and Dukes, who also worked on the singers hits Havana and Never Be the Same.

The pop number takes on that feeling after a breakup where you want your ex to be just as miserable as you are. Cabello croons, When I said I hope youre happy I didnt mean it/ Never thought you would be so good at moving on/ When Im lying wide awake youre probably sleeping/ And maybe what Im thinking is wrong/ I want you to cry for me, cry for me/ Say youd die for me, die for me.

Cabello recently released two other songs, Shameless and Liar, her first solo tracks since 2018. Both songs will appear on her upcoming sophomore album Romance, as will Cry For Me. These songs are basically the story of my life the past couple years and the stories Ive accumulated, Cabello said in a statement. I knew for a long time I wanted my album to be called Romance because these stories are about falling in love. Cabello is set to perform on Saturday Night Live on October 12th as the musical guest.