Hear Meghan Trainor Cover Friends Theme Song Ill Be There For You


Meghan Trainor has released a cover of the Rembrandtss iconic Friends theme song Ill Be There For You in honor of the shows 25th anniversary. The new version of the song was revealed in conjunction with the Empire State Buildings themed light-up on Sunday, where the NYC skyscraper was illuminated in the red, yellow and blue of the Friends logo.

Warner Brothers approached Trainor, a self-described diehardFriends fan, to cover the theme song around the anniversary. Ive seen every episode multiple times now, she recently told Rolling Stone.I cant believe they even thought of me to sing this cover. It was a dream come true.

Honored to be a part of @FriendsTVs 25th anniversary and Im geeked to see the @EmpireStateBldg lights goin off to my cover of Ill be there For You,' the singer added on Twitter.

Ill Be There For You was co-written by the Rembrandts, Friends creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane, Kauffmans husband Michael Skloff and songwriter Alee Willis. To replicate the tune, Trainor enlisted her family to sing in the background. I actually cut the vocals in my backyard in my studio, with my little brother, my older brother, my husband, and my best friend, she said. And we were just all laughing and in disbelief. Like, How is this really happening? It was a big party, the best night.

Trainor also recently dropped Genetics,a buoyant track featured in the new Netflix filmTall Girl.