Niall Horan Goes Rock for Alluring New Single Nice to Meet Ya


Niall Horan has returned with a new single, Nice to Meet Ya a pop rock track that features long-time collaborator Julian Bunetta as well as Tobias Jesso, Jr. and Ruth-Anne Cunningham.

The song starts with an urgent piano riff that builds up to include hand-claps, a sturdy bass line and the rest of his dynamic full band. Horan sings of a flighty lover that he cant quite shake. One minute youre there/The next one youre gone/Been waiting on you all night so cmon, he sings on the bridge. You know what I need I need/You know what I want.

Its been nearly two years since I released Flicker and I cant wait to get going again, he said in a statement. Writing Nice To Meet Ya,in particular, was a special one for me and Im so excited to finally share it with everyone.

Horans 2017 solo debut Flicker showcased his folk-pop taste, while this new single is decidedly more rock. Jesso, Cunningham and Bunetta all contributed to that LP as well as Maren Morris, who sang on the single Seeing Blind. Earlier this year, Horan teamed up with Julia Michaels on the duet What a Time.