Julia Michaels Reveals Intimate Video for Body


Julia Michaels has released the video for Body, alongside an as-told-to essay inTeen Vogue. The song and video both tackle issues of physical insecurities and self-love.

In the video for Body, I came up with the idea to start in a bunch of layers, and by the end Im completely stripped, Michaels toldTeen Vogue. The second verse of the song is me talking about how I cover up. I wear big, oversized sweatshirts so that I can cover my body. I do all these things to make me feel more comfortable in my own skin, but really its making me more uncomfortable when I take it off because Im constantly masking myself. I wanted to show people how I am versus how I could be.

Body is a track from her latest EP, Inner Monologue Part 2. The singer previously released Okay in collaboration with LANY. She kicks off the second leg of her Inner Monologue Tour on October 16th in Tempe, Arizona, making coast-to-coast stops across North America before wrapping up November 22nd in Mexico City.

Jaden, Willow Smith Embark on Co-Headlining TourOf Course Amazon Is Putting on a Music FestivalComing of Age: Millennials' Most Earth-Shaking Sexual Moments18 Great Bruce Springsteen Collaborations

Julia Michaels Inner Monologue Tour Dates

October 16 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
October 18 Austin, TX @ Emos
October 19 Dallas, TX @ House of Blues Dallas
October 20 Houston, TX @ House of Blues Houston
October 22 Atlanta, GA @ Buckhead Theatre
October 23 Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
October 25 Philadelphia, PA @ Theater of Living Arts
October 26 Boston, MA @ House of Blues Boston
October 27 Washington, DC @ The 9:30 Club
October 30 New York, NY @ Webster Hall
October 31 Montral, QC @ Corona Theatre
November 1 Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix Concert Theatre
November 2 Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
November 4 Royal Oak, MI (Detroit) @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
November 5 Milwaukee, WI @ Turner Hall Ballroom
November 6 Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
November 8 Englewood, CO (Denver) @ Gothic Theatre
November 9 Salt Lake City, UT @ The Depot
November 11 Los Angeles, CA @ The Fonda Theatre
November 13 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
November 15 Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
November 16 Vancouver, BC @ Vogue Theatre
November 22 Mexico City, MX @ El Plaza Condesa