7 Things We Learned From Boba Fett Actors Reddit AMA


Jeremy Bulloch, the man behind the mask of Boba Fett, put a bounty on our hearts during a charming AMA on Reddit, where he touched on everything from his favorite moments on the Star Wars set to the cult of Boba Fett and the extra jet pack he wouldve added to the bounty hunters already badass costume.

Star Wars Behind-the-Scenes Instagrams Reveal Chewbaccas Origin

While Bulloch regaled fans with tales from the originalStar Wars trilogy, he was also there to promote Star Wars: Force For Change, a new campaign that will give one lucky fan the chance to appear in the highly anticipatedEpisode: VII. The campaign will also raise money to benefitUNICEFs Innovation Labs and programs to help children in need.

Weve compiled some of Bullochs most entertaining anecdotes from his time as Boba Fett, plus the real reason why the bounty hunter probably survived his fall into the sarlacc pit: Boba Fetts too cool to actually get trapped.

1. Someone Tattooed Bullochs Signature on His Arm
I remember someone coming and saying, Hey, Jeremy look at this! And they pulled up their shirt and there was a tattoo of Boba Fett. He said, Could you just sign this, Mr. Bulloch? It would be very nice of you! So with a felt-tip pen, I signed my name. Not long after that, this guy comes up to me and said, Look Mr. Bulloch! There was his sizzling flesh with my name, which I had written. He had it tattooed right on his bare flesh. (Side note: The same guy later commented with visual proof).

2. His Shoe Size Helped Him Score the Role
Well it wasnt pitched. It was a role where my half-brother was the associate producer. He said, I know youre in the theater right now, could you maybe work a couple of days on the film? But thats how it happened it was pure luck. Luckily the outfit fit perfectly. The helmet fit. The boots were a size 10, and Im a size 10. When I met George Lucas, he said, Welcome aboard Jeremy. Its not a big role. But it ended up being a bigger role than we all expected.

3. He Had to Do Nothing to Solidify His Place in Star WarsHistory
I think my favorite part of the film was in Jabbas Palace in Return of the Jedi because I spent nearly 10 days in that palace. It was very hot. But youre just doing nothing. What makes me laugh is that people say, I love the way you do this and that, and youre just there. Boba Fett standing still is much cooler than saying a line. It was just a lovely job to do.

4. He Explains Why a Bit Character Became a Phenomenon
I think the main reason is theres something about the costume. I remember the very first day I put the costume on and looked in the mirror [and said], Yes that looks good! Theres just something about it you dont know whats going to happen. He has all these gadgets, he has jetpacks, and knee pads. Its not just me, its the character Boba Fett. Theres something serious about him.

5. He Fell Onto the Floor With Darth Vader and Flubbed Lines
We were rehearsing the carbon-freezing scene. I was treading on Darth Vaders cape and we fell over and two of the biggest villains were floundering on the floor. We looked like two silly children Theres a part where I turn to an Imperial officer and say, Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold, but I actually said Put Captain Cargo in the Solo hold. Luckily I didnt have to tell anybody because you cant hear what Im saying under the mask. But I didnt have any linesHow on earth with so few lines could I make a mistake??

6. He Drew Inspiration From Clint Eastwood
Actors always put their own little bit in, and really what I used to do is look in the mirror in the morning and just stand in a certain way. I always remembered that [Boba Fett and] Clint Eastwood, in A Fistful of Dollars, had the same sort of cape. He stands up and hes looking at someone and takes a draw of a cigarette, all done in slow motion, and thats how I felt Boba Fett should be: all done in slow motion. He has time, hes never rushing around. His movement its very literal and thats what he does.

7. He Revealed How Much Jabba the Hutt gave Boba Fett for delivering Han Solo
$22. Thats all. They dont pay much. Thats the sad thing.