See Kate McKinnon Spoof Jeff Sessions Senate Testimony on Seth Meyers


A month into Saturday Night Lives hiatus, Kate McKinnon brought her dopey, Grinch-like Jeff Sessions impression to Late Night With Seth Meyers on Tuesday. The comedians hilarious take on the Attorney General was one of the sketch shows best political impressions this season alongside Alec Baldwins Trump and Melissa McCarthys Sean Spicer.

The SNL cast member said she was excited to finally utilize her bizarre facial contortion after Sessions took office. Theres a joyfulness with which [Sessions] proceeds, McKinnon said, calling the politician Sesh and curling up her mouth to resemble a turtle. It began as a joke pitch, and then it just sort of happened He has this funny little mouth, and I could always do this thing with my lip.

Ive been trying to use it, and then he popped up into the world, she said with a smile. And I thought, Oh, my gosh Im going to use it!

McKinnon said couldnt help herself from reviving the impression on air, using Sessions Senate Intelligence Committee hearing as a springboard.

Oath is such a strong word, she said. When I said oath, I thought I was saying oats in one of those lispy Barcelona accents Now with [Russian Ambassador] Sergey Kislyak, I only met him two times. OK, three times. But the third time was in a mens restroom, and we was just talking about what a trial it is to get soap out of those electric soap dispensers.

She ended her imitation by cracking a cheap joke about former FBI Director James Comeys height. As for Jim Comey, he asked me to keep Trump out of his way, right? The truth is, I didnt hear him. This guys about six foot eight, and I had heard a sound above my head. I thought it was a cicada. [Sneezes] Recuse me.

McKinnon stars alongside Scarlett Johansson in the upcoming film comedy Rough Night, out June 16th.

Jeff Sessions testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee Tuesday afternoon. Watch here.