Ellie Goulding, Juice WRLD Embrace Pain, Paranoia on New Song Hate Me


Ellie Goulding and Juice WRLD unite on Hate Me, a breezy new song with a sadomasochistic streak. Hate me, hate me/Tell me how you hate me/Tell me how Im trash and you can easily replace me, the latter croons over smooth programmed drums and a palm-muted guitar figure. Tell me that Im strung out, wasted on the daily/Prolly cause theres no one around me numbin all my pain.

Throughout, Goulding confronts an ex over romantic regret and paranoia. I bet you dont kiss her with your eyes closed/I bet youre still walkin on a tightrope, she sings. Miss me so much, youve been goin psycho/You aint gotta say it, baby I know.

The pop singer hyped the songs tongue-in-cheek quality in a statement, admitting, Its definitely lyrically different to most of my other songs, but its fun to play around a bit.

Goulding, who previously released videos for her songs Sixteen and Flux, recently performed on Good Morning Americas Summer Concert Series and The Late Show With Stephen Colbert. Juice WRLDs March-issued second album, Death Race for Love, debuted at Number One on the Billboard 200; he promoted the record with a video for Hear Me Calling and sat down with Rolling Stone in early June for an installment of our First Time series.