Juice WRLDs Dad Gives Him Pretty Solid Advice on Robbery


Juice WRLD has a brand perennially heartbroken and hes doubling down on it. Dark and melodramatic, Robbery is a clunky metaphor about a woman demanding love from the Chicago rapper. She told me put my heart in the bag/And nobody gets hurt, Juice mournfully sings over a sparse and twinkling Nick Mira beat.

The first verse centers on the conflict between his fathers advice on romance, (One thing my dad told me was Never let your woman know when youre insecure') competing against equally bad advice from his heart (One thing my heart tells me is Flex on a hoe every time theyre insecure'). The songs narrative further spins out of control from there. In the world of Robbery, Juice needs to keep a gun on him to deal with the hurt, throws rocks at a window and gets high to deal with the fact that the anonymous woman doesnt pick up the phone fast enough. Its a lot, maybe too much, but to the millions of kids streaming Juice, its probably just right.

A Deathrace for Lovewill be released on March 8th.