Watch Ellen DeGeneres Touching Tribute to Carrie Fisher


Ellen DeGeneres paid tribute to her friend and frequent guest Carrie Fisher Wednesday with a montage of the actress appearances on Ellen. The Star Wars actress died on December 27th, four days after suffering a cardiac episode.

I knew her for a long time. She has been on the show many times and the last time was just a month ago. I loved when she was here. She made me laugh so hard. She was smart. She was funny. She was hilariously honest about herself and the world around her.

In the montage, Fisher talks about coming to terms with Princess Leia fame (It follows me around like a vague, exotic smell, she said), living next door to her mother and what advice she would give her 30-year-old self. Dont do anything youre thinking about doing, she advised.

I miss you Carrie. I love you, DeGeneres said at the end of the montage. Fisher and her mother, actress Debbie Reynolds, will be buried together at the Hollywood Hills Forest Lawn Memorial Park following a joint funeral Thursday.

Carrie Fisher talks about death and dying in our revealing, no-holds-barred Last Word Q&A. Watch here.