Watch Spoon Cover John Lennons Isolation on Howard Stern


Spoon recently stopped by The Howard Stern Show to perform two songs, their own Rent I Pay and a rendition of John Lennons 1970 solo track Isolation. The musicians brought a rousing feel to the song, which comes off Lennons album John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band,and its notably not the first time Spoon have covered the tune.

Spoon played both tracks in support of their recent greatest hits compilation, Everything Hits at Once, a collection that includes both old and new material. The idea of doing a best-of came to us a couple times, singer Britt Daniel said in a statement. First I wasnt sure how I felt about it but at some point I remembered that when I got my first Cure record it wasStanding on a Beach. When I got my first New Order record, it wasSubstance. That was how I met those bands, and I moved backwards from there but I still listen to those comps. I love a greatest hits LP when its done well. It can be a thing unto itself.

The rock band recently wrapped a cross-country trek with Beck and Cage the Elephant. They will perform at Intersect festival in Las Vegas on December 7th alongside Foo Fighters, Kacey Musgraves and Beck.