Watch Larry David Return as Bernie Sanders to SNL


Larry Davidreprised his role of Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanderson the latest episode of Saturday Night Live, popping up in the cold open to discuss the Vermont senators surprisewin in the Michigan primary.

I want to thank everyone who voted for me, and I apologize to everyone else for making your Facebook feed so, so annoying, Sanders said. I mean, I love my supporters, but theyre too much, right? Im great, but Im not five posts a day great. With all due respect to my supporters, get a life.

For the second week in a row, the SNL cold open dealt with Darrell Hammonds Donald Trump receiving an endorsement from a former adversary; last week it was Bobby Moynihans petrifiedChris Christie, this week it was Jay Pharoahs creepy Ben Carson. Framed as a CNN broadcast, the cold open started with the Trump press conference before Beau Bennetts Jake Tapper started his interview with Bernie Sanders, an impersonation that adds a very Larry David gaze to the political arena.

Hillary Clinton vs. Bernie Sanders: The Good Fight10 Things You Didn't Know About the Beatles' MusicThe Beatles' 'Abbey Road': 5 Great Country, Americana Covers

Can I ask you something? Whats a superdelegate? Who calls themselves that? Its so cocky, the candidate asked. They walk around like theyre such big shots, Ooh, I beg your pardon Mr. Superdelegate. Let me tellyousomething: I met some of these superdelegates, theyre not that super. Mediocre-delegates is morelike it.

When asked why Sanders appeals to such a fervent, teenage fan base, Sanders responds, The young people love me because Im like them. I have a bunch of big plans and absolutely no idea of how to achieve them. David last played the Sanders role in early February when he hosted SNL. It wasnt a perfect SNL visit for David as he completely butchered Ariana Grandes namewhen introducing the host/musical guest.

Later on SNL, the show teased Hillary Clintons attempts to appeal to millenials with a campaign ad where Kate McKinnons version of the candidate literally begins morphing into Sanders.