Boy George, Culture Club Play Gospel-Pop Song Life on Ellen


Boy George and Culture Club staged a candle-lit performance of their recent gospel-pop single Life on Wednesdays Ellen.

The frontman belted the tune in a wide vibrato over palm-muted guitar stabs, smooth backing vocals and a laid-back rhythm section. Will you let me breathe now while I find my truth?/ If I love myself, dont mean I dont love you, he sang on a stage lined with candles including a digital one flickering behind him on a massive backdrop.

Life is the title-track from Culture Clubs recently issued sixth LP, their first record in 19 years. The album, which follows 1999s Dont Mind If I Do, also includes the singles Let Somebody Love You and More Than Silence.

The band, who wrapped a massive North American tour in October, have two international dates booked for April: the 11th at Switzerlands Zermatt Unplugged festival and the 13th in Vejle, Denmark.