Watch Melania Trump Plagiarize Plagiarism Defense Speech on Colbert


One day after Melania Trump was accused of plagiarizing Michelle Obama with her Republican National Convention keynote address, the First Lady hopeful defended herself on The Late Show. Standing in front of a digital American flag, Ms. Trump (played by actress-singer Laura Benanti)explained she did not plagiarize,with famous lines from Charles Dickens, the Beastie Boys, Braveheart, Dr. Seuss,The Fresh Prince of Bel-Airand more.

My fellow Americans: This is truly the best of times; it is the worst of times, she said. I did not plagiarize my speech last night. I would never do such a thing. I would not, could not with a goat. I would not, could not on a boat. That is because I learned honesty during my humble upbringing, in west Philadelphia, born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days. So to those who say I stole my speech, I say, Give me a break! Give me a break! Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar! They may be able to take our lives, but they will never take our [squints at prompter] freedom!

The speech only grew more absurd. Ms. Trump fired off random lines from the Beastie Boys (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!), The Lion King, McDonalds ads, the viral video Boom Goes the Dynamite and lastly,Saturday Night Live.

Donald Trumps wife Melania has been accused of plagiarizing parts of her Republican National Convention speech from Michelle Obama. Watch here.